Purposes for which we process your personal data
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal data:
- to carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts, including support, billing and collection
- to provide you with information, products, or services that you request from us (including activation keys necessary to use our products and services you install on your own computers and networks)
- to invoice you for our products and services that you order
- to notify you about any product changes or services we offer or provide
- for any purpose required by law and
- for any other purpose with your consent and
- to perform succession planning.
With your consent, we may also use your information to contact you about our goods and services that may be of your interest. If you wish to consent to this use, please check the relevant box located on the form on which we collect your data. If you wish to change your choice, you may do so by sending us an email to the address announced in our contact information.
Source of personal data
We collect personal data
- on our website,
- in emails, texts, and other electronic messages between you and our company,
- that you provide at marketing, trade shows, training registrations, and other business events, and
- that you provide as part of an agreement between you and DAIM GmbH for our products and services.
Categories of data
We process the following categories of data:
Data by which you may be personally identified. Specifically, we collect your name, postal address (if you are an individual using our products and services), e-mail address, telephone number and financial account information (for payment only).
We collect this information directly from you when you provide it to us (e.g. by filling in forms on our website, or information that you provide as part of an agreement for our products and services, or records and copies of you if you contact us for support).
We also receive data from third parties, for example, our business partners that helps us provide our products and services to you.
We also process data that is about you but individually does not identify you. Specifically, we collect your job title, employer name and contact information, and unique identifiers that identify your computer equipment (e.g. IP addresses, internet service provider, make and model of equipment and activation keys).
As you navigate through and interact with our website, we may also use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns such as
- details of your visits to our Website, specifically traffic data, logs and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the website
- Information about your computer and internet connection, specifically your IP address, operating system, and browser type
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our website and to deliver a better and more personalized service by enabling us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage patterns
- store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website according to your individual interests
- speed up your searches and other similar functions available on our website and
- recognize you when you return to our website
Lawful Basis for Processing Your Personal Data
If you are in the European Union, the processing of your Personal Data is lawful only if it is permitted under the applicable data protection laws. We have a lawful basis for each of our processing activities:
- Legitimate interests: We will process your personal data as necessary for our legitimate interests. Specifically, we process your personal data to facilitate communication between DAIM GmbH and you, to improve our website, products and services, to safeguard our IT infrastructure and intellectual property, to detect and prevent fraud and other crime and to promote our business and to provide you with information that you request from us.
- To fulfill our obligations to you under our contract: We process your Personal Data to fulfill our obligations according to our contract to deliver our goods and services.
- As required by law: We may also process your personal data when we are required to by law, to comply with government inspection, audits and other valid requests from government or other public authorities, to respond to legal process such as subpoenas when we belief that such requests meet the applicable legal standards, or as necessary for us to protect our interests or legal rights and remedies (for instance, when necessary to prevent or detect fraud, or attacks against our network), defend litigation, and manage complaints or claims, and
Automated decision making
DAIM GmbH generally does not use any automated decision-making processes on your personal data.
- to contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal data confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. Specifically, these entities provide IT and infrastructure support services (including hosting providers), shipping, billing and collections, and other similar business services
- to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us personal data through the “Contact Us” feature on the website or to open a support ticket, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the appropriate contact person to answer your request
- to your employer and/or the administrator for your account
- with your consent and
- to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of DAIM GmbH, in which personal data held by DAIM GmbH about our customers is among the assets transferred
We may also disclose your personal data to third parties:
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any governmental or regulatory request
- if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect the rights, property, or safety of DAIM GmbH or others. This includes exchanging information with law enforcement and with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Consent to processing of personal data in countries outside the EU
Your personal data is transferred by DAIM GmbH to another country only if it is required or permitted under applicable data protection law and if there are appropriate safeguards in place to protect your personal data.
In order to provide our website, products and services to you, we may send and store your personal data outside of the EU including the United States. Accordingly, your personal data may be transferred outside the country where you reside or are located, this is only including countries that provide an adequate level of data protection (EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Any transmission of personal data is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any security measures contained on the website.
Data retention periods
DAIM GmbH will retain your personal data for the entire time of an ongoing business relationship. After this, we may retain your personal data
- for as long as necessary to comply with any legal requirement
- on our backup and disaster recovery systems in accordance with our backup and disaster recovery policies and procedures
- for as long as necessary to protect our legal interests or otherwise pursue our legal rights and remedies and
- for data that has been aggregated or otherwise rendered anonymously in such a manner that you can no longer be identified
Your rights in connection with your personal data
Applicable data protection laws may provide you with certain rights of your personal data, such as
- to check whether and what kind of personal data we hold about you and to request copies of such data
- to request correction, supplementation and or deletion of your personal data that is inaccurate or processed in non-compliance with applicable requirements
- to request us to restrict the processing of your personal data
- in certain circumstances, to object for legitimate reasons to the processing of your personal data, or to revoke consent previously granted for the processing
- to request data portability
- to know the identities of third parties to which your personal data is transferred and
- to lodge a complaint with the competent authority
Linzer Straße 2-6
voice: +43(0)7262 20522
Alternatively, you may also contact our person in charge:
Copyright © 2020 DAIM GmbH